Important Update in GPZC’s COVID Policy
GPZC has added a new testing requirement for all overnight events (sesshin or zazenkai). We are asking all in person participants in overnight events to take a rapid antigen test (home test is fine) within the 24 hours before arriving at the Zen Center for the event and to only attend in person if the test is negative. (Participants could attend online if testing positive for COVID).
All of our other guidelines continue to apply to all in person events. Participants should:
- be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We strongly recommend also having the booster shot, but do not require it. Anyone with a medical contraindication for the COVID vaccine (or booster, should we require it in the future) can provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to attendance in lieu of the vaccine.
- be seated in the zendo at least six feet apart and maintain social distance during kinhin, services, and lunch.
- wear N95, KN95 or KF94 grade masks when indoors except when eating, sleeping, or occupying a room alone with the door closed. (We have very limited single rooms available. If you are uncomfortable sharing a room with others, we’ll let you know what other options are available, such as a motel room.) Participants will be provided with masks if they do not bring one to an event.
- sit at designated spots for meals and eat in silence.
- wash their hands frequently, use hand sanitizer when handling shared equipment, and wipe surfaces with disinfectant after use as appropriate.
- refrain from attending if they have any symptoms of a potentially contagious illness.