W7762 Falk Rd
Monroe, WI 53566
Our November 2022 Zazenkai takes place Friday night, November 11 through Sunday morning, November 13. Informal dinner will be available at 5:30 Friday evening followed by zendo procedures instruction for those who require it. Evening sitting begins with opening remarks and precautions and ends with the Four Vows. Saturday morning sitting begins at 5:30 AM with taking refuge and 3 periods of zazen followed by morning service and breakfast. There are several more periods of zazen, a formal talk and service before lunch. In the afternoon, there is self care, a work period, one sitting period, service, and dinner. There are 3 periods of zazen in the evening followed by the 4 vows. On Sunday morning, there is early morning sitting followed by the Gate of Sweet Nectar ceremony and informal breakfast.
The following COVID precautions are in effect:
- Anyone attending in person is required to take a rapid antigen test (home test is fine) within 24 hours prior to arriving at this sesshin and only attend in person if the result is negative.
- We are requiring that anyone attending in person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and require proof of vaccination. We strongly recommend also having the booster shot, but do not require it.
- Anyone with a medical contraindication for the COVID vaccine (or booster, should we require it in the future) can provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to attendance in lieu of the vaccine.
- Participants will be seated in the zendo at least 6 feet apart and asked to maintain distance during kinhin, services, and lunch.
- Masks must be worn indoors except when eating, sleeping, or if you are the only person staying in a room and have the door closed. We have very limited single rooms available. If you are uncomfortable sharing a room with others, we’ll let you know what other options are available, such as a motel room.
- Participants must sit at designated spots for meals and eat in silence.
- In-person participants must wear N95, KN95 or KF94 grade masks and will be provided with one if they do not bring one.
- Participants must wash their hands frequently, use hand sanitizer when handling shared equipment and wipe surfaces with disinfectant after use as appropriate.
- Please do not attend the retreat in person if you are ill and/or have any symptoms (COVID-related or not) that indicate a possible contagious illness.
Part-time participation will be prorated and scholarships are available for any who need them. As always, we encourage those who are able to donate an additional amount for the retreat to help us keep retreats affordable for everyone. Participants will receive instructions, a detailed schedule, and Zoom access information after registering. The cost of this retreat is prorated for part time attendance and is different for online and in person participation. Cost details will be shown on the event registration form. To participate in this event, please complete our Event Registration Form by no later than Monday, November 8.