1025 N Smith St
Palatine, IL 60067
This class covers the role of ceremony and ritual in Zen, our teaching lineage, an overview of services (including prayer list, memorials, baby blessings and weddings) and the Gate of Sweet Nectar.
Aspects classes are geared toward students who have attended the Introductory Workshop and want to learn more. Participants are welcome to stay for the two periods of zazen beginning at 7 PM. We ask that everyone abide by our COVID-19 policies, which are as follows:
- We are requiring that anyone attending be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof must be provided. The COVID booster is strongly recommended.
- Anyone providing proof of medical contra-indication (i.e. a letter from their doctor) for the COVID vaccine (or booster, should we require it in the future) can provide proof of a negative molecular COVID test (NAAT, PCR, etc., not an antigen test) within 72 hours prior to attendance in lieu of vaccine.
- Participants will be seated at least 6 feet apart and asked to maintain distance during kinhin as well.
- GPZC is required by CCUU church regulations to wipe down commonly used surfaces such as door knobs and tables.
- All participants must wear N95, KN95 or KF94 masks when in the building.
- Please do not attend if you have a contagious illness (whether COVID-related or not) or symptoms of an emerging contagious illness.Please register for this event as soon as possible.