1025 N Smith St
Palatine, IL 60067
This Aspects Class will cover the basics of zazen (body, breath, and mind), zendo procedures, and the teacher-student relationship.
Aspects classes are geared toward students who have attended the Introductory Workshop and want to learn more. Participants are welcome to stay for the two periods of zazen beginning at 7 PM. We ask that everyone abide by our COVID-19 policies, which are as follows:
- We are requiring that anyone attending be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof must be provided. The COVID booster is strongly recommended.
- Anyone providing proof of medical contra-indication (i.e. a letter from their doctor) for the COVID vaccine (or booster, should we require it in the future) can provide proof of a negative molecular COVID test (NAAT, PCR, etc., not an antigen test) within 72 hours prior to attendance in lieu of vaccine.
- Participants will be seated at least 6 feet apart and asked to maintain distance during kinhin as well.
- GPZC is required by CCUU church regulations to wipe down commonly used surfaces such as door knobs and tables.
- All participants must wear N95, KN95, or KF94 masks when in the building.
- Please do not attend if you have a contagious illness (whether COVID-related or not) or symptoms of an emerging contagious illness.